Tuesday, August 18, 2009

OH&S risks

Being a serious and committed PhD student these days has led to an increase in my exposure to the health and safety risks that come with this occupation. Notably, my neck and shoulders feel like concrete due to time spent typing.

While to some extent my neck and shoulders have always been sore, it's at the point where everything feels grainy and it's like I can feel my muscles crack over my bones. I don't know if that's really what's going on but that's how I imagine it. I also have a headache at the end of every day, which may or may not be related (I may need stronger lenses in my reading glasses).

So although it feels terribly extravagant (says the girl who just went to NYC on a whim), I'm having a remedial massage tomorrow morning. And I tell ya, I can't wait!

No comments: