Sunday, September 7, 2008

more lazy times

The last few days have been slow but pleasant. Dinner at the local, aday in Winchester battling the rain and wind, and a home made Italian feast, inspired by mine and Sam's recent trips to Italy pretty much sum up the last 2 days. Leila and I are sleeping an average of 10 hours a night, which makes a nice change.

Mostly it's just been great catching up with Sam, hearing about her job and her new life here in England. Last night Sam and Leila and I were just hanging around in the kitchen, making some things for dinner, and having really nice chats and I just thought yeah, it's so good to have friends :-)

I am starting to miss home a little the last day or so. I think because things have been a bit slower and less of an adventure, and also because I'm on the downhill slide now until my departure date so I've started thinking about home again, rather than thinking about here.

The looming presentation at the conference is forcing it's way back into my consciousness, and I'll spend a couple of hours today working on it.

Some sad news...wonderful Tina in Berlin got broken in to, and her new laptop and camera were stolen. We are sad for her.

No comments: