I'm currently reading the Book Thief for book club purposes. It's a fantastic read, a real page-turner. Not particularly heavy, but interesting and quite insightful, and it has a good style. Unfortunately, despite the fact that I rate it, I didn't read it quick enough (or rather I didn't start reading it early enough) and thus went to book club on Friday night having only got through a third of the book. On the up side, because of the way the book is structured, it really starts with the ending. So there were no real spoilers.
Goodbye Friday, hello Saturday...and it's party time. For the first weekend in 5 or 6 weeks I was actually at home and all my friends were coming to me, and I was stoked about it. I don't usually throw myself parties, but this one was under the guise of Katie and Shelley's housewarming so I was less self-conscious about it. I had a really fun night. So many people, so many good times. Some quiet(er) late night conversations continued with a committed core well into the morning.
Mil and Beth stayed over, but sadly Beth had to up and go early so I barely saw her. Mil and I had a lovely day together beaching, lunching on leaftovers, and a mandatory trip to Lee and Me. An unemotional goodbye thanks to the semi-promise of a farewell party ended our time together on Sunday afternoon.
After a brief nap I dragged myself up to go to church, after which a friend cooked me a great dinner. Eventually I got back home and had a party debrief with Katie while putting the kitchen back to it's natural state. I found an extra potato bake in the oven (the oven was off though) leftover from Saturday night. Oops.
Overall, a totally great weekend at home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love love LOVE the book theif! I was tossing up between it and hospital by the river to give you! I spent ages trying to choose which one!
Sound like a book club with great taste!
Ooohh you made a lucky choice then! You should come to our book club.
Hey - I think you gave me the Book Theif Lou! I'm also 1/3 way through it ... then got too tired to read at night, so have stalled. Yay for us all reading Book Theif.
E
Post a Comment