Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Ph.......D

I'm just about to go to the bar to celebrate with a friend who handed in his PhD thesis today.

One of my office-mates has just moved out because he starts a real job next week.

I went to a careers fair today where I got the same response to telling them I was a research posgraduate student as I imagine I would have gotten if I had have said I've been unemployed for 15 years.

4 comments:

Emma said...

Careers Fair = overwhelming and depressing.

I have a busy few weeks ahead of me...

Jess said...

Did you get some cool free stuff though? I just go to update my stationery.

Emma said...

Ha ha yeh! A free rubiks cube...that was the coolest thing.

Jess said...

My favourites were a free USB memory stick and a sheet of ASIO fridge magnets that remind me to dob in my neighbour.