In other news, I wrote a job application. Or I should say, another job application. It would be much nicer if the employers would just find me and I didn't have to keep writing about myself. I don't even really know if I want any of these jobs, and it's taking hours and hours of my life to write the applications.
I went to see some of my friends do their poster presentations at the conference this evening and one of the psyc postdocs (that I barely know) had obviously had a few drinks by the time I got there and was offering me much advice on my application. He told me it should include 3D models and maybe a picture of a naked woman. He then instructed me to put him down as a referee. When I pointed out that he didn't even know what my research was about he said it didn't matter because I gave him good data so he'd just tell them that. So basically he'd tell them I was a good participant for other people's experiments. Why would they pay me for that? They have hundreds of undergraduate psychology students to do that for them for free. But I didn't enter into that argument. I try not to argue with drunk people in a crowded room.
No comments:
Post a Comment