Friday, May 1, 2009

Hello, Blog

Well blog, I haven't seen you in awhile. What have you been up to? Just awaiting some attention from me? Thought so. Fear not, i'll give you at least 15 minutes right now.

A couple of months back I wrote a post about how Rudd, Gillard & Co. forgot about postgrads in their stimulus package. I don't know much about much, but I am an expert at being a student. So I did what any poor, indignant, but expert student would do and that was lobby. Through CAPA and through the Greens there was a change to the policy, however it wasn't until this week that the government took steps towards implementing the change in policy and released a statement of eligibility for postgraduate research students. Soon I will be the proud owner of a stimulus payment. I suspect it will slip fairly quickly through my fingers through to the 'rents, but that's beside the point. The point is that consistent lobbying and positive interactions with leaders effect change. Maybe you have a more worthy cause than trying to get postgrads on the federal education and training agenda. I hope you do. 

No comments: