Today I tried to write my thesis, unsuccessfully.
Today I tried to write my thesis, mildly successfully.
Today I tried to write my thesis, unsuccessfully, yet again.
But I figured you'd all get tired of that.
But today I did something interesting (by comparison). Today I spent a couple of hours in an old railway tunnel. It was pitch black, wet, and 5 degrees. I looked at LED lights and made decisions about how far away they were. Sometimes I wore glasses with one eye patched up. I got paid very generously to participate in this experiment. I'd do a lot of things for free, but I would not have done this without financial incentive. Apparently I gave the experimenters good data so they want me to come back next week. I don't know that it gives the research a whole lot of integrity if you self-select your participants based on whether they give you data that supports your hypothesis, but I probably should have done that because then my thesis would have been easier to write.
2 comments:
Hahaha... Come visit me! Then I could find you many interesting things to write about!
Kristen x
Maybe we should switch jobs for a week. Then I'd get plenty of good blog material!
Thanks for your lovely email. Will reply. Prob on weekend.
Post a Comment