Wednesday, July 9, 2008

if the glove fits...

I'm wondering if it's narcissistic to have a blog?

I'm not totally comfortable with it yet, but I must admit I quite enjoy it. Especially because I think most of my friends haven't realised I have this yet so I can write as I wish and my thoughts are let loose on the world, but no-one is the wiser.

From listening to Catalyst podcasts it seems that lots of interesting Christian leaders and thinkers and movement-starters have blogs, I have read a few but not too many. It's hard to know where the gold is. You can tune in on a particular day and they might not have anything inspired to say, and not tune in the next day when they happen to be at their most creative. The thing about these people is that they read and reflect and write and read (the good stuff)...and still manage to get stuff done (the hard stuff). They still do something. I wish I was that kind of person. I'm all up in my own head and I wonder if blogging is just indulging this tendency.

No comments: