Today I had an extended morning coffee at Panizzi with Katie at uni. I LOVE having her back on campus! We often used to meet on a Monday for lunch and talk about the sermon at church from the night before. Now maybe we'll keep meeting on Tuesdays and debrief about Women Time instead. WT is a daggy nickname for something that's actually very special...a handful of my close girlfriends and I get together on Monday for some very real life sharing and praying. It's often both the hardest night of the week and the one I look forward to most.
And then I got to my office and realised I left EVERYTHING I need for today at home. I was parked a million miles away (yes, a million) and it was going to be a huge hassle and waste of time to go home and get everything, and I also had an inbox full of emails from students that I needed to get back to. Then I had these thoughts. Katie doesn't have any more classes today. She's heading home. She has a spare key for my house. Maybe I can ask her to do me a huge favour and pick up my stuff and drop it back to uni. So I rang her and being the gem she is she did my running around for me.
So now I have everything I need for work at my fingertips, and I'm blogging instead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment