I've been feeling a bit of pressure to include all my life details in my blog, like I did this on Monday and this on Tuesday...like when you first start keeping a diary as a kid...and it all gets too hard so you stop writing about anything. But Mil and Ryan helpfully negated this pressure and now I'm back to reflect and inform selectively.
Friday was certainly a highlight of my month, if not my year. Leila-my-German-friend graduated with her PhD and honestly we spent the whole day celebrating (except for about 1 hour and 59 minutes of the graduation ceremony where they were calling out strangers' names). A free coffee at Panizzi, a wonderful lunch at Lee and Me, and a couple of exotic cocktails in the evening all served to punctuate an already very happy day with wonderful moments. I also discovered that Aleks knows just about every word to just about every 90s song and is happy to sing it very loud with actions while he dances...which made for amusing times on the dance floor. Go Aleks!
Friday also featured a 50's dress up 18th birthday for one of the girls in my Yr 12 bible study. Good times, also with much dancing...nutbush, time warp and lots of Spice girls featured heavily. Those girls are tops, I love seeing them grow into adults and wondering what their God has in store for their lives beyond the confines of school.
A trip to visit Mil is always a weekend highlight. We went to see a great play, Scorched. We were supposed to meet Ryan and others but unfortunately we were running late and had to wait anxiously for the latecomers call...I think we only missed about 10 minutes or so, and it was easy to catch up on what had happened. The story was very emotional and quite traumatic, yet had an element of hopefulness to it. Afterwards, late night-early morning talks on the kitchen floor with hot tea.
Ah, and also while I was visiting Mil I met Jemma, we've both heard so much about each other we both felt like we'd already met. We had good discussions about the Pope and other WYD things.
An afternoon tea baby shower for Christie, and back to the Gong for church and a good time hanging out with my besties afterwards topped off a sleepless but excellent weekend.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment