Saturday I slept in (like, really really in) for the first time in a couple of weeks so that was heaven. And having the whole day to myself I watched a couple of movies, one at home, and then went out to see He's Just Not That Into You with a couple of girls. I actually really liked it. Don't tell anyone.
On Saturday night Amanda, Michelle and I went to see The Waifs at the Regent. I love The Waifs, they spread joy. We all left with a very contented buzz. They seem like they effortlessly love making music, and really get a kick out of sharing it with other people.
I was thinking about the two sisters in the band...I bet they've spent their whole lives being envious of the other. One is a petite and cutesy brunette and the other is a curvaceous blonde. Both being performers, I bet growing up they were compared to each other all the time and coulnd't help but compare themselves too. They seem like they've come out of two completely different moulds. I think they're both great.
I spent Sunday in Manly visiting Reb. It was great to see her so settled and see what their church is like up there. Bruce preached the best sermon I've ever heard him preach. They seem to be loving their new home.
I drove back home from Manly on Sunday night after church up there, and when I got to my place there were stacks of people hanging out. Katie and Shelley had rounded up a good crowd after church. I pretended it was my welcome home party.
This large crowd evolved into a medium audience for what is becoming my standard "we do small groups badly" talk, and eventually into four people having an early morning chat on the kitchen floor. Happy times.
5 comments:
You do small groups badly?? Why?? I'd love Jess insight.
Yes I think we might.
I don't really know why. But I do know what I think is bad, or sub-optimal, about the way we do it. I'll email you if you like.
When I read that your housemates had people over when you got home my immediate reaction was that it was some kind of "inconsiderate housemates inviting a crowd of people to my house" kind of story... then I realised that you are not me! That you actually like people, and thats when I laughed and thought thats why you have housemates and I don't! Haha!
Haha really? No, I never think it's inconsiderate to have people around.
It's ok Louise! I thought it was going to be a "roudy crowd of people that needed to be told off too!". I don't think that means that you don't like people!!
And I'd love to hear your thoughts via email jess!
Post a Comment