One of my favourite things to do is go to the organic farming florist up the road with the friendly girl who knows my name (but unfortunately I don't remember hers and it's gone on too long to ask) and together with her make up a fun bunch of flowers for somebody. I don't like to buy the pre-made bouquets. Most of the fun is in picking things out myself and getting some help from the expert.
I bought a bunch of Christmas bush and deep red tiger lillies, something Christmassy for a wonderful woman in my life who has modelled to me over a number of years what it looks like to be a grown-up, humble, motivated, and capable woman who loves Jesus.
I've been trying to reflect on how my life has been shaped this year (flipping Women Time task, whose idea was that anyway? Actually I think it was mine), and one of the most significant influences that I notice each year is the faithful and interesting people God has blessed me with in my life. Isn't it great that we're made for relationship? I can't imagine my life without all the richness that my friends bring to it. It's not always easy. But I wouldn't have it any other way.
Next time I go to the organic farming florist up the road with the friendly girl who knows my name I'll get a free bunch of flowers, according to my Frequent Flowers card. I think I'm going to get them for me. Maybe something Christmassy to sit in the living room with the Christmas tree. That'll be nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
the past
-
▼
2008
(115)
-
▼
December
(24)
- freedom, freedom
- I suck at Mario Cart and other life lessons
- The Lord is come
- One day I will blog about something other than my ...
- When I grow up I want to be a writer
- mental
- Even more writing with a Christmas deadline
- more writing with a Christmas deadline
- writing with a Christmas deadline
- I win
- friends and flowers
- maximum crazy
- Morning of Fun
- Invitation
- Looking after myself
- darn good weekend
- December Dawns
- Disappointing
- Thursday: Confessions of a lazy teacher
- policy from scratch
- TV snob
- gifting
- Tuesday
- Monday
-
▼
December
(24)
No comments:
Post a Comment