Monday, January 5, 2009

Hijacked

I've had such a good break, and was quite looking forward to coming back to uni today to get started on some low-key tasks that would get the 2009 cogs turning. I felt happy to be here as I walked into the office from my car this morning. And Panizzi was quiet, so they had the time to make my coffee really good. They even made a pattern with the chocolate dust.

The productivity of the morning has been hijacked by a few things though:

- reading and worrying about Gaza
- forgetting my glasses (this makes the writing on my computer screen shimmer slightly)
- being given a project to start and complete by Monday (which should have been handed over to me in early December...I assumed it had gone away)
- getting an unexpected invitation to review a manuscript in an area in which I'm no expert, and have just a hobby-style interest in
- getting a supplementary exam that needs to be marked by, like, yesterday

No comments: