Tonight was beth's farewell party. It's been great. There have been lots more strangers here than I expected, but I have had and am having a lot of fun. Some randoms, some good friends, and even one of my ex-students who I didn't realise knew Beth. When she walked in I had a moment of "What on earth are you doing here?". Turns out she has Camden connections and knows heaps of my old friends (e.g. Lou, Shan) who were both at the party tonight too.
Right now there's a few stragglers. I always love when it gets down to just a few committed people at a party after the crowd leaves. Good company, good chats. I'm blogging at the moment (obviously) while the other 6 are watching the tennis. I'm kinda watching it, but not really.
Oh, Nadal just won due to a double fault. They've been playing for a good 5+ hours. A Federer v. Nadal final is pending.
Two sleeps til Beth moves, I'm taking Monday off to go up to Sydney with her. Gosh, it's really not sinking in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment