I'm at camp, and it's flipping hot. It's been way hot and humid every day, with a stunning thunderstorm each night. We've had 2 spewers as a result of heat stroke, but not my kids so what do I care?
My crew are awesome. Some great times so far spent in prayer and reading through the book of Mark, and having chats about life priorities, desire and temptation, baptism, being called to ministry, sacrificial living, and other things that make me excited. This crew are engaging really well, developing helpful small group dynamics, pushing each other to consider Jesus and what he means to them, and making significant leadership contributions with the younger campers. It's all pretty exciting. So many good stories already. Really authentic worship time, challenging small group bible studies, and Ron is smashing the talks.
Tomorrow I have to go back to uni for a couple of hours to teach a class. So I've just finished writing that lesson. I'll only miss waterskiing tomorrow, so I'm not too upset.
Tonight after a very complex wide game, we got almost all of our 200 crew down to the pool to jump in quickly because we were all very hot and sweaty, and just as we were all on the brink of jumping in the pool lights went out...meaning it was against site rules to swim (especially with such a massive crowd) so we had to send them all back up the hill to their rooms. They were very frustrated. I felt sorry for them. But I waited til they were all out of sight and just swam anyway. There were some destroyed foam float things in the pool that needed to be cleaned out of the filters so I was performing a legitimate problem solving activity.
Love it. Gotta go wrap up camp for the night. 2 days down, 4 to go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment