Tuesday, October 7, 2008
west wing tears
I'm watching season 1 of the West Wing for about the 5th time, and tonight I watched the episode where the crew + Zoe go drinking in a Georgetowne bar and Zoe ends up in trouble and gets whisked out by the secret service, and consequently gets yelled at by Bartlett for not understanding the father/President predicament. See, I'm such a sucker for father/daughter stuff. Anytime I see/read about a father's expression of love for his daughter I get a bit teary. But this scene is hardly a gentle, touching scene. It's really quite fiery and aggressive. Granted it was getting late, and I've had a lot on my mind this past few days, so perhaps I'm holding my emotions a little closer to the surface than normal, and so maybe it didn't take much to trigger the tears. But even so I was suprised that I (almost) cried, at this scene I've seen so many times, that's not even particularly touching or related to my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment