Wednesday, October 1, 2008

work nomads

I had a whole tribe of work nomads who joined me at the community table at Lee & Me with their laptops today. Marking and paperwork abounded, and coffee featured heavily. While this tribal experience is far more fun than the lone ranger approach, it is a little less productive. But I think it evens out because I can stay put longer if I have other people there, so even if efficiency is reduced by chatting, the longer amount of time spent working balances this loss.

The staff at Lee & Me are stars for letting us set up office in there for hours, and even they noticed the difference in my productivity today. But I had extra special fun AND I got my work done AND I probably spent more money at the cafe becuase I stayed longer and I usually feel the need to keep ordering things so as to jusitfy prolonged occupation of a seat. So everyone wins.

No comments: