Today was sad. More specifically, the latter part of today was sad. I came home from work and napped to make it stop for a little while, but then I had to wake up. Sometimes there's so many people in pain that it's hard to keep thinking about it all. It's making me think about how we let each other down so much, and we'd be better off without each other and just being with God. I don't think like that very often, because I usually like to think and talk and act hopefully. I can usually see a way to bring God's redemption into whatever is going on. But it wouldn't be genuine if I talked like that tonight. So instead I'm just telling you the truth.
So now I'm having a beer and marking. Because we all know marking fixes everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
the past
-
▼
2008
(115)
-
▼
November
(21)
- routine
- the order of things
- docs of a different kind
- peeved
- normalcy
- geektime
- peace and quiet
- things that make you go mmm
- oh yeah!
- My office
- morning
- downer
- are you a psychopath?
- exam marking
- confirmed unproductivity
- I'm so vague
- community table moments
- subject evaluations
- Let Obama Be Obama
- E-Day
- waking up to good news
-
▼
November
(21)
1 comment:
I spent some of the weekend with someone in lot of pain so was thinking about this. I wrote a post about it and someone commented on my blog that they had been thinking something similair. I think for me (probably most of us) the questions of suffering will be lifelong and unanswerable as we deal with our own and others. Often it pulls me away from God at first but then He draws me back in as I realise there really is nowhere else to go and no one who understands sufferinf as he does. I will be praying of you.
Post a Comment