I haven't come across anyone all day, or all year for that matter, who has been a genuine McCain supporter. Maybe it's because we just don't understand the American psyche that McCain (unsuccessfully) tried to tap in to. There's probably miscellaneous other reasons that I'm too tired to think of that explain why I haven't met anyone in Australia who was genuinely going for McCain. I thought that was interesting.
There really does seem to be little diversity in opinion amongst Australians when it comes to Obama, ranging from joyous hope to not particularly caring. It seems like we are either celebrating, or we don't care. Maybe the people who are sad are just keeping quiet.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to learning more about this man and what he's going to do for the world. I like that he's not arrogant about the powers of government, and he's saying to us "You need to be on board too, or otherwise nothing will happen!" (I'm paraphrasing, that's not a direct quote). That's good encouragement, and I'll try and remember it.
Now I just hope he won't be driven to the middle...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
the past
-
▼
2008
(115)
-
▼
November
(21)
- routine
- the order of things
- docs of a different kind
- peeved
- normalcy
- geektime
- peace and quiet
- things that make you go mmm
- oh yeah!
- My office
- morning
- downer
- are you a psychopath?
- exam marking
- confirmed unproductivity
- I'm so vague
- community table moments
- subject evaluations
- Let Obama Be Obama
- E-Day
- waking up to good news
-
▼
November
(21)
No comments:
Post a Comment