Sunday, November 30, 2008

routine

Louise told me recently she's started a bed time routine to help her wind down at the end of the day, and get ready for sleeping. While I'm not that keen on that idea for myself (I like staying up too late), I've decided to instigate a morning routine for this week. I'm writing it here so the world can see it and then I have to do it, otherwise I'll be letting the world down and then I'll be embarrassed.

I need a morning routine at the moment because I need something to help me get up and going. I'm not normally a rise and shine, drink tea, and eat a leisurely, healthy breakfast while watching a breakfast TV program sort of person (more a reluctantly rise, skip breakfast, drink a strong coffee, and squeeze in some reading sort of person). So I decided I needed something really really good, really positive, to motivate me. So here it is.

For the next week, I will get up every morning between 6:45 - 7am and walk to Lee and Me. I'll pray or listen to a podcast or some good music on my ipod on the way there and back. While there, I'll have a coffee and read. Then, I'll walk home, aiming to be back home by 8:30 - 8:45, ready for a 9am start at my desk. I'm going to work from home all week and write, write, write!

The only instances in which I may not stick to the plan is when it rains. But it's only supposed to rain on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. So it should be ok.

No comments: